Saturday, June 7, 2014

Day #22,815-22,816

Walk km 16,762-17,775: to Kitsilano, then to T&T
Walk km 16,775-16,779: running errands

Book #497: The Hypnotist (Lars Kepler, 2009)

Excellent thriller with one large problem. The authors stop in the middle to insert a 70 page flashback that puts the breaks on a page turning plot. They try to restart everything for the second half but are only partially successful. I'm sure they won't do that again.

Movie #2497: Hercules Unchained (1959, Pietro Francisci)

With the internet down, I was forced to browse through my DVDs for something I hadn't seen before. I'd never seen one of these toga epics before because I hate period pieces. And I figured these would be especially bad because they didn't even depict anything that was real. Well, it was pretty awful but it does get a few extra points for being the first. However, I don't think I'll be watching any more of these.

Movie #2498: Man-Trap (1961, Edmond O'Brien)

I love these kind of movies. Regular Joe trapped in a hopeless marriage gets convinced that he should drive a getaway car in a heist. The money he gets will help him to start a new life. But, things don't go smoothly.
Not the best executed film of this kind. All the best roles go to the women. Stella Stevens really gets to chew up the scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment