Monday, April 29, 2013

Day #22,412

Walk km 13,696-13,699: running errands
Walk km 13,699-13,709: Meetup walk (4 parks in Surrey)

Movie 2267: Superchick (1973, Ed Forsyth)

Back in the early 70s I used to buy the giant Variety "film festival" issues. 100s of pages of posters for all the latest movie releases. Included were always a huge selection from "Crown International" that appeared to have replaced American International as the leading producer of crap. Most of their films concerned either stewardesses or cheerleaders.
Until now, I'd never seen one. Now, thanks to YouTube that hole in my cinema viewing life has been filled. And the verdict? Just what I thought it would be: a very colourful waste of film stock.

TV Episode #54: TV Party (1979, Amos Poe)

New Wave cable TV show from New York City.
My goodness, I've never seen so many NYC hipsters together in one room. They had Chris Stein and Debbie Harry and Richard Sohl and Adny(sic) Shernoff and Klaus Nomi and a bunch of other people who were so hip that I didn't even know who they were!

No comments:

Post a Comment