Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day #21,735

Walk km 4861-4871: Burrard Station to Yaletown Station and Oakridge Station to 29th Ave Station

Movie #1309 (#129 this year): The Old Man And The Sea(1958, John Sturges)

Here's another one where I'd read the book long before I saw the movie. I think I was only 12 or 13 years old when I read this. I remembered him reading the baseball scores in the newspaper but my memory as to who won, man or fish, was faulty. I thought the fish pulled him so far out that he never got back. Nice to see that he made it back this time!
The problem with this movie in that I never actually believe that Spencer Tracy is trying to catch a fish. It looks more like he's acting in front of a fish that's on a projection screen. But, it's still fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment