Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day #21,771

Walk km 8079-8087: Broadway/Commercial Station to Pender @ Beatty

artists at work
approx km 8083 Raymur Street

Walk km 8087-8098 (13,673 to go): from Denman Street to 25th @ Marine (West Vancouver) with the Meetup group

Movie re-watch: Obsession (1976, Brian DePalma)

The greatest of the fake-Hitchcocks. I was amazed by this movie when I saw it in 1976. I can't say the same for the second viewing but that's probably because I knew how it ends. Now, it looks like an amazing music video for the music of Bernard Herrmann. This is one of my favourite movies but it is for sure my all-time favourite music score.

1 comment:

  1. I was a bit disappointed with Obsession after the buildup you gave it. It was definitely a fake Hitchcock but I had a major problem getting into it. At the 30 minute mark I had to get myself a snack in order to keep myself from drifting off. It did pick up halfway through and definitely had some nice twists and turns along the way. As for for the score, it just seemed like run of the mill Hitchcock music to me, typical Hermann but nothing exceptional. I enjoyed Terribly Happy a lot more even though I watched that one on my little iPhone screen.

    ReplyDelete