Friday, May 18, 2012

Day #22.066

Walk km 10,813-10,816: running errands

Movie #2036: The Lodger (1927, Alfred Hitchcock)

Afraid this is not my cup of tea. I can see the obvious skill employed to make this movie but........ it's silent. It just has too big of a handicap to overcome. They've added a musical soundtrack and coloured the picture (not colourized, just blue-and-white, brown-and-white, pink-and-white etc). But, it still doesn't help. I was bored.

Movie #2037: Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay (2008, Hurwitz & Schlossberg)

I was in the mood for something sophomoric and I figured this would hit the spot. And who knows, with that title it might even have a political message. Well, it was just what I was looking for (and least as far as silly goes). Unfortunately, there was no political message. The guy from Homeland Security was a giant dickhead but they made sure he was an underling (his boss was away ice fishing). Also, they drag in W as a good old boy who saves the day for them. Oh well, one outta two ain't bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment