Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Day #21,344

Walk (km 2081-2091): Science World to English Bay with the Walking & Outdoor Meetup groups

the Walking Group meets the Outdoor Group
aprox km2085 English Bay (Vesna took the picture)

Movie #1015: Fighting Man Of The Plains (1949, Edwin L Marin)

I didn't hold out much hope for this one. Edwin L Marin doesn't quite have the rep of Randolph Scott's 1950s director Budd Boetticher. My hopes picked up when I saw the screenplay was by Frank Gruber. And it wasn't half bad. Always a pleasure to see Randolph Scott in action and the plot held my interest throughout.

Today's Tune: Chains
Today, we have another song from the husband & wife songwriting team of Gerry Goffin & Carole King. The Beatles only played "Keep Your Hands Off My Baby" at the BBC but "Chains" was released on their first LP in 1963. Our second version comes from Medway sensations, The DelMonas.

No comments:

Post a Comment