Friday, November 26, 2010

Day #21,527

Walk km 6126-6130: 29th/Puget/Eddington/Haggart/32nd

Movie #1489 (#276 this year): Leave Her To Heaven(1945, John M Stahl)

Well, this must have been a treat in 1945. A movie in gorgeous colour. Beautiful landscapes of New Mexico, Georgia and Maine as the filthy rich frolic about.
However, to me it's just a soap opera. I'm afraid that I didn't believe a single scene. I'm not sure why but I did think those scenes of the characters staring off into the distance looked rather contrived. I'll have to blame Mr Stahl.

Movie #1491 (#277 this year): Wolke 9(2008, Andreas Dresen)

Your typical woman has affair, husband finds out and commits suicide story. The difference in this one is these characters aren't in their 20s or 30s, they're senior citizens.
Well made - I did believe that these people were really going through this upheaval in their lives. Of course, they got the whole thing screwed up so that one of the three had to kill himself instead of doing something rational.

No comments:

Post a Comment