Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day #21,741

Walk km 7803-7814 (13,927 to go): Joyce Station to Marine @ Elliott via Sparwood, Captain Cook & Everett Crowley parks

an Austin
approx km 7809 Boundary Road

Maddox Brothers & Rose: Old Black Choo Choo (1955)

Here's another one of my favourites from the days of vinyl that I recently got back. I have a soft spot for songs with nonsense lyrics. So unless
"so the fa fa fa so so la la so the fa fa fa so la so the fa fa fa so the fa fa fa so la"
(or whatever they're singing) means something, this would be another example.

Book #384: Salt River (2007, James Sallis)
More of a short story than a novel. But it's very short on story. Every page is just so chock full of amazing insights into the human condition that it makes you wanna vomit. It's a good thing that this book is so short - otherwise I never would have been able to finish it.
Update: I went to list this book on my spreadsheet only to find I'd read a Sallis back in 2007 - and hated it! I'd better start checking (what I think are) new authors against this spreadsheet before I waste even more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment