Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day #21,819

Walk km 8540-8550(13,269 km to go): Hastings @ Inlet to Hastings @ Cassiar via the Trans-Canada Trail

trail through the woods
approx km 8553 Trans-Canada Trail (Burnaby)

Movie #1809: Man's Castle (1933, Frank Borzage)

I saw this one back in the 70s on TV. I remember liking it and I still do. However, it doesn't seem to be quite as good as it should be. Jo Swerling wrote the script. Spencer Tracy is his usual great self. Loretta Young, Marjorie Rambeau and Arthur Hohl are great too. The whole concept of Tracy and Young being made for each other because they each have what the other lacks works perfectly. Still, I think it could have been better - maybe I was just tired when I saw it.

Movie #1810: The Furies (1950, Anthony Mann)

It's a western about a cattle baron from New Mexico. Sounds kinda boring don't it? Well, yes, the story is pretty dull but I tell you that that Anthony Mann can sure direct. Makes what would have been a real snooze fest in less capable hands and turns it into solid entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment