Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day #21,696

Walk km 7467-7476 (14,220 to go): to Yaletown Station/(skytrain)/49th/(bus)/49th/Chester/45th/St Catherines/49th/Windsor/52nd/51st/Prince Edward/55th/Ontario/61st/Manitoba/63rd/Cambie

flowers
aprox km 7473 61st Ave

Movie #1664: Le Couple Temoin (1977, William Klein)

A couple are chosen to enter a model apartment where they are experimented on by the government to determine just what the "model couple" would want. It's all a bunch of garbage but it does swing quite close to "original" at times and so it's reasonably entertaining to watch.

Farewell Poker Tour Tournament #5: $22 Stud lo, Stud hi & Stud hi/lo (PokerStars SCOOP)
This one starts in about an hour. I think I'll have my afternoon nap while I'm waiting.
Now 9 minutes before the start and we have two celebs signed up: Lex Veldhuis & Marcel Luske.
BUST! (2:55 PM): Amazing. I started off with 5000 chips. I quickly went straight down to 2800 before just as quickly rebounding to 7,000. Then it was straight down and out. The reason for this is that they made these tournaments "turbos" which means that the stakes rise very quickly. I think they want to get these tournaments over quickly because the players in Europe will need their rest before Monday's work or school. And I wasn't alone: 272 players bust in the first 55 minutes.
Ooops! Wait a minute, this is Saturday. I don't know why these were turbos.

No comments:

Post a Comment