Monday, October 11, 2010

Day #21,481

Walk km 5947-4950: to Lost Lagoon
Walk km 5950-5952: to Denman Street

e-hwa restaurant
aprox km 5952 Robson Street

Movie #1418 (#220 this year): Withnail And I(Bruce Robinson, 1987)

Two blokes leading an extremely seedy lifestyle in London take a vacation to the countryside and remarkably manage to retain the same degree of degredation there as well.
There is one problem with Crackle (and I hate to complain because the movies are free): no sub-titles. I would estimate that I missed about a third of the dialogue.
A nice pleasant picture but nothing exceptional.

Movie #1419 (#221 this year): The Ghost Camera(Bernard Vorhaus, 1933)

yes, that really is Ida Lupino as she looked at the age of 15


For our second feature, we're right back in jolly olde England. Only 54 years earlier. Here we find a 15 year old Ida Lupino. I must admit that you could have given me 100 guesses as to who she was and I'd never have guessed Ida Lupino. Also at the start of their careers are actor John Mills and director David Lean (editor on this film). The plot is goofy and really doesn't hold water but not to worry. The entire film is a joy to watch from start to finish. I suppose we'll have to thank Mr Vorhaus who was making his debut as director with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment