Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day #21,386

Walk km 2370-2379: Science World to English Bay (and return) with the Walking Meetup group

Today's Tune: Moonlight In Vermont
A person's taste in music has very little to do with music itself. It's based on combining music with some external influence. For most folks, it's music plus childhood memories. What they like now is (or is influenced by) what they heard when they were growing up. None of that damn rap music for them! I believe I was influenced by watching the movie "Carnival Of Souls" where a musician (organist) is happily breezing along through life when it begins to dawn on her that she's actually dead. In fact, she's been dead for quite some time! I never gave organ music much thought but now...... it all sounds spooky to me. Take these two versions of "Moonlight In Vermont": one is supposed to be "easy listening" and the other is "jazz". That may be, but to me they're just plain "spooky".

No comments:

Post a Comment